Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Purpose: Why Was I Saved?

LOOKING THROUGH MY NOTES ON MY iPHONE, I CAME ACROSS THESE THOUGHTS...

Although I was saved to go to heaven when I was 16, I followed Jesus & boy did I stumble. I became fully submitted @ 23 & got baptized, since then I walked with Jesus. 

If Jesus isn't there in heaven when I get there, I will know Jesus is with me. Even if it's just spiritually. 

Therefore, I am not saved to go to heaven, I am saved by God's grace to be a tool used by Him. And Jesus isn't the question, He is the answer. I could never make it to heaven without Him being the way truth & life. 

He is the key to the door, not the couch in the living room. I guess that means He is not our homeboy, He is our guide. Our flashlight as we go hiking. The gas in our vehicle. 

Only when we understand the trinity can we understand Jesus' goal, purpose, & place in our lives & in heaven.