Thursday, October 22, 2009

Are you still being punished for the crimes you committed?

My question earlier today was;

Do you feel like you are still being punished (spiritually, emotionally, financially) for your past sins? By sins, I am implying Divorce, Sexual Immorality, & Stealing.

If you commit a crime you will have to pay the consequences. That we all know. Do you consider yourself a criminal even when you commit a crime against God?

Do you follow all of the laws? Or do you follow most of them, or just the ones you justify as being the ones you should follow.

At times I feel like I made some bad choices. I committed crimes against others, and I feel I'm still being punished for my mistakes. I have heard God forgives, but I am not being blessed in the ways I expect or think I should. It's as if I don't feel God's grace anymore. Am I losing faith? Am I growing older & thinking more rational? I'm I being to logical?

I bring up this question because I know how bad a divorce can be, and not just financially or emotionally, but spiritually. You say your vows, and you agree to stay together for as long as you both shall love. What happened to "until death do us part"? Is that no longer an option to agree upon? Either way, a divorce means you are agreeing to disagree & go your seperated ways. This might better one person, but it doesn't always better both parties. 

One has been sinned against, but why should the victim pay for the sinner's actions? This is what I see more often than none. I am saddened by this. In search of God's love & grace I pose these questions.