Sunday, January 16, 2011

POEM: A Mysterious Protection

A Mysterious Protection 
an original poem by Christian Treborn

At times, it's like I would rather put down my luggage just help someone else with theirs
The sad thing is I have to go back to get my life, pick it back up & reface my fears
The journey is twice as long, and half as educational... seeing how I enjoy being a help
How much exercise am I doing if I'm working harder than smarter? How is my own health?
I know I could go outside and play but my adventure clothes are in the closet 
It's too big and dark to go in and grab what I need, so instead of moving forward I pause it
Procrastination, I want to stop it, but maybe I'll start being productive in the new year
Yeah right! That mentality ends with a new fear, yet my mind, body and soul... I'd rather renew here!
As if I was new here, I reminisce and miss the old me, fresh to all the homies that know me
If only they could see me now, how much I've changed and improved, they'd say they don't know me

I keep growing into a man I've been destined to be and what do I see but a blurred reflection
No matter how many times I wipe the mirror I'm comforted by a mysterious protection