Sunday, November 14, 2010

(POEM) Empty Me Out First

Why would I have the nerve
To get what I deserve
I had a full tank
Now I'm idling on reserve
You can laugh to the bank
I'll just walk it
In need of a ticket
For too long I parked it
Now I'll need a car kit
Just to keep her maintained
High maintenance 
Because the previous owner was slipping
More like slacking
Eventually dipping
No gas. No oil.  What's that sound
You hear a click or a tick
The wheels wobble around 
And the breaks begin to stick
But that's okay
You can sell it get a new one
That will solve your problems. Today

Now back to the track
And the reason I'm attacked
I had a heart of gold
Now it's rusted and black 
Will the coal miner take me back
Or am I a blood diamond that lacks
I used wear khakis but now I wear slacks
How fair is that
From a sweater vest to no vest at all
Just a tattered sweater that's best of all
The holes are stories
Each have their own dialog
Each a different narrator 
Some might even try a song
But who will sing the words
If we hum to the beat
Who will dance around
If we only tap our feet

Dear God, I've lost value
At least I can no longer see it
I feel I'm feeling void
Am I falling into a deep pit
Please fill the void
Cuz I can't do it alone
I'm packing those steroids
But I'm not lifting at home
What does that mean
If i try to stay clean
I'm not working out enough
Yet I tell then to buy more weights
Yeah I'm a hypocrite
I wish it was the end of it
I'm ashamed of my life
When I live for myself
Put my life on the shelf
Take down a better word
I'm cattle, no, I'm a flock
A sheep with no wool. So absurd
Why do I grow it
Just to get taken away
I'm embarrassed to share
When joy is mistaken for pain

I'm in need of rain
Because my fields are dry
Too many rose bushes
With thorns and no peddles, why
If the soil is hard
Please make it soft
I need these seeds to grow
Plant them and watch them stop
I would rather see them talk
And share their journey
Living with extra dirt
Loving the oh so worldly

So what's the mission
In this matrix of a labyrinth
I'ma praise the LORD daily
Not just the sabbath 
This life was never mine
Here, you can have it
Back. Forget this habitat
I'm leaving this place
And I'm not coming back
I have a home being built
I will choke out all my guilt
Because in order to be felt
You have to understand His will
Let it be done
Through his only son
That is what he gave
Even though it was you he made
So can that be saved
Before you reach the grave
Some would love to be remade
Not me though. No. 
I would rather be forgave