Friday, September 24, 2010

IT IS I - A Worship Song I wrote at a Young Life Leader's Retreat

The weekend of September 17th, 18th, & 19th we drove out to Washington Family Ranch in Antelope, Oregon for a Young Life Leader's Retreat. There we got to be able to enjoy the camp without our kids (High Schoolers) and got to learn about what Young Life is all about and why we do what we do. While we were there I had some quiet time alone and I wrote some poetry. I would like to share that with you here.

Break my fragile heart into several pieces
replace me with a new start make me new
no longer selfish I want to do what pleases
you my love it's a process and you're not through
Many lonely nights sitting in the rain
still no one fights or comes to rescue
this doubtful dreamer or clean the stain
pain fades thinner and I will bet you

I know a man - Who's got the best truth
A landscaper, a gardener who will bless fruit
So it will grow to be so sweet and pure
Maybe it's slow but I believe it sure

My wounds heal to scars | Who would steal the stars
Make you a picture with them | Share with you real wisdom

It is I, He will whisper softly
It it I, won't you listen closely
He wants to share a story
If you're willing... His glory

What more will he say, what more will he tell
If only you will stay, you will not fail
Dress up with love, don't mistake truth
Place no one above you, I cannot replace you


How many others were broken like me
how the love smothers and covers all fear
reignites a flame of passion so lively
despite being lame action is seen clear
Give me your grace give me your truth
look me in my face and hold me so close and
never let me go don't let me down too
instead qualify me because I'm chosen

I know a man - Who's got the best love
A romantic, a singer He will give a blessed hug
So let me be yours so sweet and pure
Maybe I'm slow but believe me I'm sure

Wounds heal to scars why | Gently placed across the sky
Make me a picture with them | Tell a tale with your wisdom

It is I, I will listen closely
It is I, please whisper softly
I want to share His story
Through my life... for His glory

What more can I say, what more will I tell
every time I pray, I won't morally fail
bless me love, take me with you
above and beyond, know I love you

2 Corinthians 5:11-15
Matthew 9:9-13
Colossians 4:2-6