Sunday, September 12, 2010

Campaigners - S.O.A.P. On John 4

SOAP - JOHN 4

Scripture - John 4:13-14 NIV
 13Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

Observation - Jesus is speaking of the Living Water which reminds me of the Holy Spirit. It comes from within and flows like an everlasting spring. We all get thirsty and we have to obey our thirst, but only the Christ can truly quench that thirst with what he offers. 

Application - When we get hungry we have to be fed. When we get thirsty we have to drink. If only the Word can truly feed our souls, then the Living Water can quench our spirits. We seemingly need both to survive and be healthy. I must draw to the well of Jesus (instead of drinking from my broken cistern.)

Prayer - LORD, God I pray that in my time of need and my time of desire I can come to you and drink from the spring of life. I wish to have eternal life and allow the water to overflow in abundance. I pray my quenched thirst will be seen by others and they will ask me from where do I get this water that lives within.