Sunday, March 14, 2010

SEVEN (Pt.3): Godliness vs. Greed - Sermon by @JohnFehlen Poetry by @Treborn

February 27, 2010: Pastor John Fehlen
Week 3: Godliness vs. Greed

What is the greatest gain in life? What is the greatest return? Listen as Pastor John illustrates greed and how we engage in godly training.


LISTEN TO PODCAST

DOWNLOAD PODCAST

POEM:

Greed is good enough to save USA
remake Wall Street tell me who's to say
they got money on their mind money on their heart
keeps us from being productive from the start
preoccupied people pondering prosperity
prepare passionate power for proper charity
cherish it don't work then store it up
if we retire like Luke 12:16 is there more for us
life is demanded strife the curse commanded
we met the fall with Eve remember what the first man did
and today we're bound and backslid we need action
break the chain be godly don't be lackin'
time to get fit again a spiritual gymnásio
work out our faith don't be a sloth my bro
we're looking sloppy joe Manwich change
time to get mop-n-glo get baptized today

Benefits on earth and the life to come
getting fit it's worth time to get'r'done
we used to be none
now we are one
3/5 say; they want to be devoted mire
but they don't work to grow anymore
should I get up make coffee a cup
or should I sleep in and not get up

Do we fit the scripture into our calendar
that's like not shaving looking like a man with fur
don't we know the word is our daily bread
6am bible study but you'd rather stay in bed
I got to say I'm bad it's like I'm fasting
study the scripture skipping meals not lasting
I'm getting skinnier and weaker daily
meditate on it chew it and keep prayin'
My heart is captured by the word of God
a girl can't spend time with me less she's heard God
does that sound odd? Who's the biggest loser
if she's not Christ-like then I got to lose her
The Holy Spirit is my coach motivate me more
teach me train me I'll grow to know my Lord
let me stir the waters make it personal
we're given this gift as spirit-filled individuals

You need someone to spot ya
not another daughtah
not another props brah
a wing man who's got'cha
I pray for spiritual growth
no need for the world's money
I pray for spiritual growth
no need for the world's money

SCRIPTURE:

Romans 8
1 Corinthians 12