Friday, March 19, 2010

Even if this world eats my flesh!

This goes out to my fellow citizens
Please forgive me for my criticism
I judged you & I need to be forgiven
I pray for strength & pray for wisdom
   When they see me will they say "God is with him"?
I was asleep & I got this vision
Not height it's the foundation of the building
What about legacy left with the children
   If I put I down how will you pick it up
If I fall down how will I get on up
Between a rock & a hard spot I'm stuck
Nothing on earth will bring me luck
   Chasing the wind is futile yes
Not a feather but I smile I'm blessed
I got the Lord beneath these bruised wings
Faded dreams yet praises I sing
   Every night I gaze at the stars
Every time I pray to heal scars
Wounds reopen when I sin once again
Once in sin fall again with a selfish grin
   Wipe it off my face grant me your grace
I hate being in this place let it be replaced
Don't hesitate I'm still having faith
Let my actions speak as testimony of strength

After I rise, I fall to my knees and confess
Christ is King, even if this world eats my flesh