Friday, July 31, 2009

Is Church that Bad? (In Reply to @PastorRuss09)

I'm a first generation Christian & I thirst for church. I find it such a privilege to be fed & gain knowledge for free!

I suggest listening to Da T.R.U.T.H.'s sermon on Worship in the Local Assembly & see what a benefit it is to be in church and worship. He compares it to being fans of Oprah, Mike Jack, & the Celtics. How everyone unites and cheers for their idols. And in the same way we need to cheer for Jesus & idolize our creator.

I can see how a PK would like to rebel, because I rebelled from the environment I was raised in. So in a way it could be debated whether it's nature or nurture too.

We are blessed with the opportunity to choose our church. I feel like the church has done a lot of extreme things to bring in the generations. A church down the street from me now has a Drive-In service.

It's not like they aren't trying. I can't get enough that's why I get free sermons/podcasts from iTunes. I've gone to church even when I can't step foot in the building.

Like Da TRUTH says; we need that desire for God. And if we don't we need to ask God to put the desire in our hearts. It's all there, we just need Him to spark the flame inside us.

That's me though. I lived 16 years without following Christ & it took me 7 more years to figure out I need to not just follow Christ but know Him.

To me Church is like the gym. I go there to build the body & I'm addicted. It's not just a routine. But to some it is. It's not just to be healthy. But to some it is. I go because I love going. I enjoy seeing people there. I don't even mind a membership fee. It is all worth it to me.

I know with technology there are several ways we can get the church without going to church, but it's like a concert. Da TRUTH is right. You need to feel the Spirit move. That is so worth it. The experience. The look. The feel. The vibe.

I love it.