Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cheer for the Hometown Hero!

As I write this, I am witnessing a spider weave it's web.

It came from another place, and made a perimeter. From there it created a strong center to be its home base. After building a strong enough foundation it expanded to it's outer boundaries and webbed back to the core. Once it was finished it gladly sat in the middle and rested. It was home, for now.

I can't help but think this is how our Ministry should be.

.::

We are equal & need to unite equally for God! We all play different rolls but we should be pumping out 100% passion 100% love and so on. We are only as strong as our weakest link!

This is why I posted my question. I haven't been disciplined (as a disciple) one on one, but I've searched my heart and I've explored God's word to strengthen my faith. Sometimes I feel weak or incomplete.

So as (Rappers) Ministers preach to the lost, I feel left out. Although I can gain from them, I need to be edified too. Not just know how to crank a Holy Ghost version. That's why I love being able to 'bump' some & 'breathe' others. If you don't preach to the choir, who does, Top 40?

I guess at times I get discouraged & as a first generation believer/Christian I feel weak or less important than those raised in the church. Then they rebel and sin and I just shake my head. How can people leave or rebel from something others are dying to know and living to serve? Boggles my mind!

I love hearing different perspectives because not everyone is a light skinned guy born and raised in the Bay Area. Not everyone was influenced by MC Hammer, Too $hort, & 2pac.

Not everyone left the gang life or thug styles to pursue God. I understand there is a need & a calling for us to reach those we left. But I think the church needs awareness too. They need to be loved and cherished and ministered to.

I completely understand that a hospital's purpose is to heal the sick, but where do the doctor's go when they are ill?

I think we have lost the personal connection and the original point of discipleship. We now want our ministry to multiply in quantity instead of quality. Don't get me wrong, not every minister is like this. But we as Christians need to know our responsibility as Christians.

Share the gospel.
Be examples.
Inspire non-believers.
Encourage each other.
Edify our family.

I know I can quote 2pac; "How can we fix over there if we ain't fixed home yet?" I strongly agree with him on this. How can we reach those out there when we haven't reached those in our own house, our own family, our neighbors, our community??? How far did Jesus go? That's why I admire the hometown hero.