Tuesday, July 13, 2010

UPDATE ON ME: I've been on a mission all year

Where

Hey everyone that cares. How are you doing? How is your walk with Jesus? How has God blessed you recently?

To answer my own questions; I've been doing well. I've been busy with some work at Starbucks working about 34 hours a week, I'm finished settling into my new home, & I've put music on hold as I strengthen myself spiritually. I've gone on a few trips recently as well. 

For my birthday weekend I visited my father and step mother in Eureka, California. I actually took my significant other and my Parents really loved her. In fact they said if we decided to get serious, we have their blessing. Wow. I didn't expect that. I still have to introduce her to my mother. That would be an extremely serious move. One day. Nevertheless, our 4 days were challenging, but they were blessings too. A great time for growth. 

Last week I got to experience my first camp. I visited Washington Family Ranch near Antelope, Oregon for a week of Young Life. I was a leader of 8 teens ranging from 14-18. All are high school kids at different points in their lives. Although the first 3 days were the most exhausting and challenging, the final 4 were amazing. It was a blessing to talk to and share with our cabin, a community of 10. Walls were broken down & Jesus was definitely on our minds and hearts. Our souls were touched and blessed. It was a great experience as a person, a Christian, and as a leader. 

I'm praying for strength when it comes to being a better spiritual leader. I'm a born leader, but the world has brought me down in the past 4 years, and it's time for that to change. The last 9 months have been months of change, growth, & stepping out of my comfort zone. God is pushing me towards the man he's always intended me to be. 

I pray I can put away my plans and agenda and trust in Him 200% with my life, & my future. I know I have purpose. I know I have identity. I'm just learning how to fit in my own skin. I've been stretched and now it's time to wear this Jesus suit everyday. It's a matter of taking my cross up and following the perfect example. 

2010 has been a year or challenges and growth, but I've faced it all with a brave face and a peaceful heart. I'm thankful God has pushed me and pulled me. And I am grateful for God's infinite mercy & divine grace. I've never felt more loved. And I've never wanted to please Him more. I'm confident to stay true and obedient, not to be blessed, but because I have faith. Besides it's not about me. My faith will bless others. My purity and obedience will bless others. And my truth will bless others. I pray and speak in love. One day you will only know of LOVE. And it will be unconditional. Are you ready to experience what you've been created for!?